As we wait for youth sports restrictions to be eased by the provincial government we are pleased to offer pre-season training time effective March 7th. Please read the details that follow carefully as we can be flexible on any of the required protocols in place.
All registered players are eligible to participate provided they adhere to the following:
1. All parents must review the Return to Activity information posted at the Alberta Lacrosse Association page.
2. On the day of participation the COVID Screening Checklist must be completed and handed to the coach prior to participating. The players name must be legible on the top of the form with parents initials. Without the form a player will be denied participation.
3. Players may only attend the group they are assigned to, and cannot swap spots with another athlete if they cannot attend.
4. Players must come to the facility dressed and ready to participate. Change rooms will not be available but the player should bring a pair of indoor shoes to go on the floor.
5. Players may only enter the building 5-minutes prior to the scheduled floor time and need to leave immediately following the end of the floor time.
6. All players must be signed in on an attendance sheet with the coach prior to entering the playing surface.
7. If a player is not feeling well do not bring them to the field.
All coaches must familiarize themselves with the Lacrosse Specific Touch Points.
Quick links to your division homepage for schedule:
Q. Will there be more floor time scheduled?
A. Yes, we will be posting all floor time on the division home pages. Updates to groups and additional floor time will be posted weekly on Sunday evenings as more players register, until we can form teams in April. The 6U & 8U divisions will be starting when we move to the Glenn Hall arena in mid-March.
Q. Will these be the final teams, I made a friend request and it isn't reflected?
A. These are not teams. Under current government restrictions we must keep groups to a maximum of 9 players and 1 coach per half floor. Once restrictions are lifted the division directors will be creating teams that take into account requests and posting updates on the division home page.
Q. Are parents allowed to watch in the stands?
A. Each municipality and facility have their own rules. At present, spectators are not permitted at the TLC. Parents may accompany their child into the building, sign them in with the coach and then leave the building.
Q. I am registered why don't I see my child's name in a group?
A. Group lists will be updated weekly as more players register. You will be added to a group within one week of registration. If you see a group with fewer than 9 players that you would like to join, please email email@example.com to be added. If you are not listed on the website your player will be turned away if they just show up.
Q. Will there be any opportunity to try the sport out before I register?
A. Unfortunately drop-in programs are not permitted under current government restrictions. If this changes, we will host some "Come Try It" events for newcomers so stay tuned.
Q. What is the refund policy?
A. The first $50 of your registration is non-refundable. Subsequent payments will be processed on the 15th of April, May and June. Should restrictions cause our season to end abruptly your future registration auto-payments will be cancelled thus there will be no need for refunds.
Q. If I have further questions who should I contact?
A. Refer to your division home page and contact the division director by email.